Business English communication specialist
Joy Claridge created Communicate with Joy to help professionals elevate their business communication skills in English.
Joy brings together qualifications and experience in teaching English, experience in training, and a successful business career to deliver services that enhance your professional development and drive your business success.
“Learning English is the foundation.
Putting the language to use in a business context is the next level.
That means building a set of business communication skills, such as writing emails, participating in meetings and making presentations.
Sometimes, you just need to get a professional job done quickly.
I can do that too.”
For 15 years, Joy operated a freelance writing, editing and publishing business that provided a wide range of communication services to clients in industry, commerce and government. The business grew through referrals from satisfied clients.
Prior to creating her own enterprise, Joy developed valuable analytical and business skills in the energy, resources and finance sectors, where she held senior analytical and managerial positions.
More recently, Joy has focused on teaching Business English to individuals and corporates, both private students and through corporate providers such as Askaway and Talk Business Languages.
- Bachelor’s Degree in Commerce from The University of Melbourne, one of world’s leading universities
- Diploma in teaching secondary school English, Economics and Mathematics
- CELTA – Certificate in Teaching English to Speakers of Other Languages
- Short courses in writing, editing, languages, teaching and technology
A strong advocate of continuous development, Joy is a student of Spanish (upper intermediate level) and understands well the challenges of learning a new language.
- A successful corporate career in the energy and finance sectors demonstrated by progression from business analyst (BP Australia) to senior analyst then team leader (Westpac and ANZ Bank).
- A successful freelance writing business that grew through client referrals and recommendations. Key clients included Worley, Australian Institute of Energy, Pricewaterhouse Coopers, Forest and Wood Products Australia and the World Hydrogen Energy Conference.
- A thriving online Business English teaching business, with individual and corporate clients in Spain, France, Italy and Poland.
- In all business activities, Joy is client-focused, organised and professional.